© 2012-2017 Jean Browne
All rights reserved.
MUSIC ADVISOR &
MUSIC, PHOTO, & DOCUMENT RESTORATION
Browne played flawlessly, but at the same time with great feeling and delicacy. Her playing is always considerate of the singer, as if they are breathing the same air.
Fresh beauty of Rachmaninov (Robert DeGaetano, piano)...you need to have this recording, even if you have plenty of other Rach 2's and Pags on your music shelf. It will restore your faith in Rachmaninov.
Atlanta Audio Society
This was definitely a “Marriage” made in heaven. So deft and balanced was the conducting of Jean Marie Browne. Browne led a Figaro that really moved, filled with memorable accomplished arias and witty, sparkling ensembles!
San Francisco Chronicle
The orchestra, conducted by Jean Marie Browne, was superb!
The orchestra, led by Jean Browne brought the audience into a happy mood, and people could be seen tapping their feet during the play and dancing and humming afterwards.
Dallas Times Herald
Conductor (Musical Theater)
Producer - Music Advisor
- Was the first woman to conduct a hit show on Broadway.
- Was the first woman to conduct for the Dallas Summer Musicals.
- Was the first woman to conduct for Western Opera Theater, the touring arm of the San Francisco Opera.
- Worked as an opera coach and conductor for 3 seaons at the Opera Theatre in Osnabrück, Germany.
- There are 3 female conductors in her family.
- Earned a Performer’s Certificate in Vocal Accompanying from the Hochscule für Music in Freiburg, Germany.
- Received full scholarships to SMU for undergraduate and graduate school in piano and violin.
- World reknowned flutist Jean-Pierre Rampal asked her to accompany him in a concert after she sight-read a sonata for him during a master class.
- Received the Key to the City of Dallas from the Mayor for outstanding musical contribution to the city at age 19.
- Performed as a piano soloist with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra at age 16 after winning First Place in the Dallas Symphonic Festival.